Sleeping Giant Brewing Company (SGBC), located in Denver, Colorado, is searching for a Supply Chain Manager. The ideal candidate has experience in supply chain procurement, ordering and logistics for all critical materials in a brewing, beverage or food processing and packaging operation.
SGBC has enjoyed tremendous growth as the first dedicated contract brewery in the Western United States and is now the largest brewery in Denver. We provide a unique workplace for many reasons, including our place in the craft beer industry. Known internationally as a top contract brewery for craft beer, we brewed and packaged over 65 different beers in 2018, won multiple World Beer Cup and Great American Beer Festival awards, shipped beer to over 30 states, and worked with partner breweries across the country and around the globe.
The SGBC Supply Chain Manager is the primary point of contact for communication between the SGBC staff and manufacturers, vendors and distributors for all brewing and packaging materials serving many clients and brands. The overriding responsibility for this role is to assure that all brewing and packaging materials are where they need to be, when they need to be, in the condition required, This requires that the Supply Chain Manager work very closely with the Scheduling Team to frequently adjust production schedules and supplies.
Routine Competencies and Tasks
• Strong knowledge of ERP systems, specifically SAP or Orchestrated Beer (SAP)
• Enter PO’s into Orchestrated Beer (OBeer) for every order
• Provides fluctuating volume and mix projections to our vendors
• Manage and optimize long-term agreements with vendors. Work with Leadership and Finance to negotiate credit terms
• Coordinate with Clients to manage ordering and delivery of all Client-procured materials
• Monitor incoming materials & handle discrepancies/issues that occur
• Manage, monitor and organize inventories of all critical materials in-house
• Actively represents the Supply Chain in the Weekly and Strategic Scheduling Meetings
• Develop Supply Chain SOP’s with coordination of impacted SGBC departments.
Supply Chain Development
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships
• Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
• Promote SGBC’s image and capabilities in the beer industry
• Primary point of contact for bi-directional communication & information between SGBC and Suppliers
• Coordinate communication, both internal and external, to ensure effective onboarding of new suppliers
• Strong Written and Communication Skills
• Strong preference for direct contact communication (phone and in-person vs. email)
• Maintain and build a knowledge of the SGBC beer process sufficient to effectively communicate between SGBC and our suppliers
• Build business cases to support or refute new development and opportunities
• Utilize analytic tools and knowledge to champion market research and analysis positively impacting cost, quality, and availability of critical materials.
• Utilize existing market analysis tools and develop tools unique to the SGBC contract brewing model
• Leverage strong industry experience and connections to further the growth of SGBC
• Actively liaise with relevant Brewing societies, guilds, and associations
• Stays current on and seeks out intelligence on new vendors, materials, methods, programs and trends in the industry
The Ideal Candidate
… is self-motivated and results driven and is decidedly outgoing in-person and on the phone. This candidate has a proven track record of Supply Chain achievement with at least three (3) years of relevant experience. They possess a BS/BA degree in a Business, Commodities and/or Packaging-related field, including strategy/analytics/linear programming. An MBA is a plus.
This person demonstrates and shares their knowledge of strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite and SAP (Orchestrated Beer).
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes:
o Base salary plus annual employee profit sharing program
o Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
o Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance benefits
o 401(k) plan with company match
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Supply Chain Manager" in the subject line. This is an immediate job opening. Applications are being accepted until August 4, 2019. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Visit us at: www.sleepinggiantbrewing.com