Provides quality services and technical support to our 24-7 brewing and packaging operations.
What you'll do:
- Data analysis for the brewing, packaging, or sensory.
- Reviews quality data and helps make recommendations to address situation
- Audits quality data for completeness against sampling program
- Helps monitor supplier quality with departments and supply chain, as needed.
- Audits quarantined raw materials or product.
- Work with operations, supply chain, and/or procurement to resolve material or process issues.
- Visits supplier sites to audit quality programs and production process, as needed.
- Educates group on quality issues and defects, brewing and packaging processes, quality procedures and/or sensory procedures.
- Maintains and ensures all inline, online and laboratory quality inspection equipment to be operating correctly and educates staff on proper function of instrumentation.
- Ensure compliance with food safety program.
- Active participant in sensory panel.
- All duties of a quality technician.
- Other tasks as required by manager.
What we're lookin' for:
- B.S. in science discipline, Food/Agriculture, or Brewing is preferred. A combination of education and experience with the ability to display proficiency as a Quality Technician in a brewery will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years quality laboratory experience, preferably in food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Experience in both packaging and brewing quality is a plus.
- Understanding of brewing science and beer packaging operations, GCB or GCP a plus
- Willingness to work in a shift environment to support a 24/7 operation. Weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed.
- Experience with inline, handheld and bench top oxygen measuring instrumentation, inline fill level monitoring equipment, UV/VIS spectrophotometer, Alcolyzer, PCR, Haze meter, portable gas measuring devices, GC experience a plus
- Proficient with aseptic microbiological techniques and bacterial / yeast identification
- Proven team player with strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, self-management and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of GMP, TTB legislation, sanitation and safety needs in a brewing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs. and move 165 lb. kegs of beer.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend repeatedly throughout shift.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.