Job Title: LEAD BREWER
Supervisors: General Manager, Head Brewer
Licensing: If applicable.
About Flix Brewhouse: Exciting opportunity as a LEAD BREWER of Flix Brewhouse -- America’s Cinema Brewery. The world’s only first-run cinema/microbrewery/eatery, Flix Brewhouse is on track to grow exponentially within the next five years including four new Cinema Breweries opening in the next 12 months. The prototypical Flix Brewhouse has 8-10 auditoriums totaling 950-1,100 total seats, plus a large lobby bar and on premises microbrewery. Each facility ranges from 35,000 to 40,000 square feet and serves an average of 275,000 guests annually. We currently offer 6 full time, year round beers, as well as several seasonal and limited releases that will vary at different locations.
Job Purpose: To ensure guest satisfaction is delivered through quality craft beer production.
- Candidate must work well independently and with others.
- Candidate must have a true passion for the art of brewing.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years of brewing experience, preferably in a brewpub environment.
- A candidate with mechanical inclination and general understanding of fluid dynamics is highly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work an average of 55 hours per week.
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server or higher certification preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited MBAA course preferred, but not required.
- All aspects of beer production including: milling/mashing in, fermentation, cellaring, carbonation, yeast management and dispensing.
- Cleaning and sanitation of all equipment.
- Monthly inventory of all ingredients, product and chemicals.
- Develop new recipes in conjunction with the Head Brewer.
- Supervise and communicate duties to, Assistant Brewer on site.
- Communicate new beer offerings with management staff.
- Work with Director of Learning and Team Member Development to communicate new offerings to hourly staff members.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift 50lbs or more.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry-competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive individual and family medical, dental and vision plans.
- “Safe-harbor” 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- 18 days paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing at year 5.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.