Are you a Production Brewer thinking about a job change? Well here is what Sleeping Giant has to offer:
• As a dedicated contract brewery we:
Have a high-end quality lab and lab guru (Alcolyzer, PCR testing, GC-MS…)
o Strongly emphasize details and paperwork (SOPs and logs are our daily companions)
o Like a clean working environment and take care of our space (daily and weekly sanitation tasks)
o Care about employee safety (Forklift training, PPE requirements, safety committee)
o Have a full-time on-site maintenance crew for solving those big issues
o Enjoy Paid Time Off and 7 Paid Holidays
o Have Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
o Can contribute to our 401K with match
o Make a direct impact on our own Profit Sharing!
o Dazzle in free SGBC Gear
o Provide Beer! (To take home and a monthly happy hour)
• Our Brew Team:
Works a 4x10 schedule with rotating weekend shifts
o Currently works 2 shifts (no overnights!)
o Starts at $15-18 dollars/hr commensurate with experience
o Kicks ass!
The nitty-gritty details:
We are currently searching for an exceptional Full-Time Brewer/Cellar Person to join our growing team. Sleeping Giant Brewing Company has enjoyed tremendous growth as the first dedicated contract brewery in the Western United States. This is an opportunity to get in at a rapidly growing brewery with opportunities for advancement in the future.
Top candidates for this position will be self-motivated and hard-working with an extremely high attention to detail. They will need to possess an excitement and enthusiasm to be a contributing member of the Sleeping Giant Team. Our culture is paramount to our success and we require members of the team to contribute to our continuous improvement. We are looking for individuals to be a part of the team for the long haul with a goal of seeking advancement within the company.
We brewed 65 different kinds of beer in 2018. With new brands and clients you could learn to brew over 100 different brands in the next 1-2 years!
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
• The age of 21 years or older (sorry kids!)
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or certification by IBD, Siebels, UC-Davis, Metro State, etc. is desirable but not required.
• 2+ years of experience in a production brewery desired
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to perform the physical demands of the position
• Lifting up to 60 lbs repeatedly
• Maneuvering up to 165 lbs
• Working on feet for up to 10 hours (with breaks of course)
• Occasionally needing to bend, kneel and crouch
• Handle cold, wet, or hot and muggy conditions
• The availability to work a flexible schedule as needed. This position rotates monthly between 1st and 2nd shifts, with weekends and overtime occasionally required.
• A willingness to work in a flow-to-work team environment
• The ability to work with a constant focus on safety while adhering to SGBC’s policies and goals
NOTE: (1) We do not pay relocation expenses for this position.
(2) We do not sponsor immigration for this position.
Visit us at: www.sleepinggiantbrewing.com
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Brewer" in the subject line. This is an immediate job opening. Applications will be accepted until Friday August 16th. Thanks for looking and have a great day!